Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk said Queensland will "go it alone".(News Video)ShareFacebookTwitterArticle share optionsShare this onFacebookTwitterLinkedInSend this byEmailMessengerCopy linkWhatsAppPrint contentPrint with images and other mediaPrint text onlyPrintCancelDiplomatic and consular staff returning to Queensland from overseas will be banned from skipping hotel quarantine, after a Government contractor tested positive for coronavirus.Key points:Queensland's consular quarantine exemption ban begins on WednesdayThe Chief Health Officer says a returning consular contractor with COVID-19 did "nothing wrong"The Premier's announcement comes after her earlier suggestion Queensland could do nothingThe man in his 20s returned to Queensland from Afghanistan last week on a commercial flight via Sydney, but was given an exemption to quarantine at his home in Toowoomba.He has since tested positive to coronavirus, sparking a public health alert for his Sydney to Sunshine Coast flight.Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk had said the man was exempt from hotel quarantine because of national guidelines surrounding consulate staff.Queensland COVID-19 snapshot:Confirmed cases so far: 1,085Deaths: 6Tests conducted: 569,392Latest information from Queensland Health.She said the practice will be banned from Wednesday."Once again, Queensland will go it alone to protect Queenslanders," she said.On Tuesday morning, Ms Palaszczuk asked Queensland police to investigate how the security contractor was given a federal exemption to bypass hotel quarantine.She said Queensland authorities were given federal documents on a Department of Foreign Affairs letterhead, along with an exemption provided by New South Wales authorities for the man's interstate travel to Queensland.For the latest news on the COVID-19 pandemic read our coronavirus live blog.She said she had asked Queensland police to examine whether the documents were false.The DFAT letter, obtained by the ABC, confirmed the man was "travelling on essential Australian Government business".DFAT denies granting exemptionThe Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) issued a brief statement on Tuesday night disputing the suggestion it had granted the man an exemption from quarantine."The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade did not support an exemption application from this individual, and was unaware that it had been sought or granted," the statement said."DFAT expects all contracted companies and their staff to meet Australian Government requirements and we have reiterated that again to the company involved."At the same time, Queensland's Chief Health Officer Jeannette Young was suggesting the man had done nothing wrong, but that she now wanted all overseas travellers go into mandatory hotel quarantine."This exemption is a problem. We've seen that in Queensland this week," Dr Young said.Coronavirus questions answeredBreaking down the latest news and research to understand how the world is living through an epidemic, this is the ABC's Coronacast podcast.Read more"A person was able to arrive in Queensland from overseas on a consular exemption, and he had COVID-19."I am very grateful to this person,
Buy Apple Account
if you want to buy apple account, choose buyappleacc.com, buyappleacc.com is a best provider within bussiness for more than 3 years. choose us, you will never regret. we provied worldwide apple developer account for sale.